What Is the New Administrative Capital of Egypt?
It is a smart administrative capital for urban development that introduces a modern concept of residence and is expected to accommodate 18 million people to 40 million people by 2050. Egypt is switching its capital city from Cairo to a brand-new constructed city “New Administrative Capital.”
Why Is Egypt Building a New Capital City?
Egypt is building the New Capital to create many opportunities for housing and employment, putting in mind that Egypt’s population will almost double in the next 40 years. The goal is also to eliminate the crowdedness that is one of the biggest problems now in Cairo because of the increasing population.
The city aims to address the various issues facing Egypt and provide a distinct quality of life. The government is seeking a way that adapts to the conditions of population growth and civilization. All levels of income and culture are welcomed in the smart city to keep up with the world’s developing pace.
Where Is the New Capital City of Egypt?
The New Administrative Capital is located on the border of Badr city between Cairo/Suez and Cairo/Al Ain Sokhna roads, just after New Cairo, Future City, and Madinaty.
The Suez Road and Mohamed Bin Zayed Axis are the main roads leading to the New Capital.
What Is the Master Plan of the New Capital City?
- The New Capital is built on an area of 700 square kilometers (equivalent to the size of the city of Singapore).
- There is more than one phase in the New Capital:
- The first phase’s area is 40,000 acres that will accommodate around 6,500,000 people and may reach 7 million.
- The second phase’s area is 47,000 acres
- The third phase’s area is 97,000 acres.
The New Capital Consists of:
- North Mohammed Bin Zabid settlement
- Residential districts in New Capital R5, R7, and R8.
- Government administrative district
- Business district
- Cultural district.
Who Is Responsible for Managing the New Capital City Mega Project?
- A joint venture company is managing the project of establishing the New Capital with an estimated capital of 6 billion EGP.
- The company contains the following key departments:
- National Service Project Authority
- Urban Communities Authority
- The Armed Forces Project Authority.
- The Board of Directors of the company consists of 13 members divided as follows:
- 3 members from the representatives of the Urban Communities Authority,
- 5 representatives from the Armed Forces
- 5 real estate experts.
Who Is Developing the New Capital City of Egypt?
The largest construction companies in Egypt are developing the residential and government districts in the New Capital:
- Talaat Moustafa
- Arab Contractors
- Hassan Allam Properties
- Orascom alliance with Petrojet for Contracting
- Wadi El Nile for Contracting & Real Estate Investments
- Egyptian-Spanish Alliance
- CSCEC company, which is ranked as the best company among 250 global contracting companies.
What Are the Property Types Available in New Capital City?
The residential district in New Capital is about 67% of its total area. It consists of 4000 villas and townhouses divided as follows:
- Phase I: An area of 10,000 acres and will include 190 villas and 71 townhouses.
- Phase II: An area of 15,000 acres and will include 139 villas and 50 townhouses.
As for the residential buildings:
- Each building consists of 8 floors
- Each floor has an area of 580 meter square
- Each unit has an area ranging from 130 to 180 meter square.
You can view different properties for sale in the new administrative capital on property finder:
- Apartments for sale in the new administrative capital
- Villas for sale in the new administrative capital
- Townhouses for sale in the new administrative capital.
The city also has an area of 10,000 meter square dedicated to administrative and commercial buildings.
Here are some shops and offices that you can buy in the New Administrative Capital.
What Are the Units Provided by the Ministry of Housing?
- The Ministry of Housing is offering 3,000 acres for developers and real estate investors after developing the basic services and facilities in them.
- The Ministry of Housing is aiming to finish constructing 40,000 units by June 2020.
- The governmental district contains:
- 18 ministerial buildings
- Presidential building
- Parliament building.
What Are the Prices for Apartments in New Capital City?
- The price per meter for apartments in the new administrative capital starts from 8,500 EGP.
- The price per meter for the units provided by the Ministry of Housing ranges from 11,000 EGP.
Here are the properties for sale in New Capital City on Property Finder.
What Are the Compounds Available in New Capital City?
There’re a large number of residential compounds in the New Capital City. The compounds have a variety of unit types and sizes. They’re all built with high standards to ensure a perfect residency for you and your family.
Some of the Compounds in New Capital City
- La Verde New Capital
- Il Mondo New Capital
- The City Valley New Capital
- The City New Capital
- Sky Capital.
- Capital Way New Capital
You can check the best compounds in New Capital on Property Finder.
What Are the Services Provided in the New Capital City?
The services at the New Capital City are provided using smart technologies as the main objective is to create a global city:
- Recycling organic waste to grow and flourish local food.
- Build an integrated transportation network.
- Build a unified digital infrastructure.
- Create Smart network facilities.
- Create a Smart traffic system.
The city includes:
- Central Park with an area of 8 km (bigger than New York’s Central Park)
- Green River, 35 km long
- Al-Fattah Al-Aleem Mosque
- Mega Mall
- Capital Prime New Capital
- Conference hall
- Expo City New Capital
- Medical city
- Sports city
- New Garden City New Capital
- The Walk Mall New Capital
- Al Masa Hotel New Capital
- Zaha Park New Capital
- Artificial lakes
- Educational institutions
- Knowledge City
- Churches and mosques
- Technology and innovation park
- Energy farms.
What Are the Conditions for Booking an Apartment in New Capital City If You Are Living Abroad?
To book a unit in New Capital City you should stick to these conditions:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Should provide a valid Egyptian passport
- Should provide a valid residence document from abroad
- Can’t book more than one unit
- Should not have been allocated any unit within the social housing program
- The applicant may not apply at the later stages of the project if a unit is allocated to them.
What Is the Latest News about the New Administrative Capital of Egypt?
- The government’s goal is that the New Capital City will be a cashless and paperless city, so you don’t spend too much time getting your documents done at the governmental entities as everything will be digitized.
- Now, you can book your apartment from the branches of the Housing and Development Bank.
- 17,500 fedan from the new phase have been sold out and 6,000 fedans will be sold by 2020 according to the plan of Administrative Capital for Urban Development.
- Honeywell and Etisalat Misr will work together on delivering city management services for citizens in the New Administrative Capital, which is considered to be one of the largest smart projects in the world.
The New Capital City is a new beginning to a brighter future with better living standards. It’s the dream city!