What is The New Administrative Capital of Egypt?
Egypt is switching its capital city from Cairo to a brand-new constructed city “New Administrative Capital”. It is a Smart Capital city that introduces a modern concept of residence and is expected to accommodate from 18 million people to 40 million people by 2050.Why is Egypt building a New Capital City?
The new megalopolis in Egypt is built to create many opportunities for housing and employment, putting in mind that Egypt’s population will almost double in the next 40 years.
The city aims to address the various issues facing Egypt and provide a distinct quality of life that adapts to the conditions of population growth and civilization by welcoming all levels of income and culture in a smart city that keeps abreast of technological progress.
Where is the New Capital City of Egypt?
The new administrative capital is located on the border of Badr city in the region between Cairo/Suez and Cairo/Al Ain Sokhna roads, just after New Cairo, Future City and Madinaty.
The Suez Road is the main road leading to the new capital until the main road, Mohammed Bin Zayed Road, is completed.
What is the New Capital City master plan
- The new administrative capital is built on an area of 168 acres (Equivalent to the size of the city of Singapore).
- The first phase of the new capital is being built on an area of 10,000 acres and is planned to accommodate around 7 million people.
- The new capital consists of: North Mohammed bin Zabid settlement – Residential districts – Government District.
Who is responsible for managing the New Capital City Mega Project?
- A joint venture company is managing the project of establishing the new capital with an estimated capital of 6 billion LE.
- The company contains the following key departments: National Service Project Authority, Urban Communities Authority and the Armed Forces Project Authority.
- The Board of Directors of the company consists of 13 members divided as follows: 3 members from the representatives of the Urban Communities Authority, 5 representatives from the armed forces and 5 real estate experts.
Who is developing the New Capital City of Egypt?
The largest construction companies in Egypt are developing the residential and government districts in the new capital:
- Talaat Moustafa
- Arab Contractors
- Hassan Allam Properties
- Orascom alliance with Petrojet for Contracting
- Nile Valley Company
- Egyptian-Spanish Alliance
- CSCEC Company, which is ranked as the best company among 250 global contracting companies.
What are the property types available in New Capital City?
The residential district in new capital consists of 4000 villas and townhouses divided as follows:
Phase I: An area of 10,000 acres and will include: 190 villas and 71 townhouses.
Phase II: An area of 15,000 acres and will include: 139 villas, 50 townhouses.
As for the residential buildings:
- Each building consists of a ground floor and 7 consequent floors
- Each floor has an area of 580 meters
- Each unit has an area ranging from 130 sqm to 180 sqm.
- The apartments in the capital city has smart interior design and include: a reception, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, bedroom with a bathroom, and balconies.
You can view different properties for sale in the new administrative capital on property finder: Apartments for sale in the new administrative capital – Villas for sale in the new administrative capital – Townhouse for sale in the new administrative capital
The city also has an area of 10,000 sqm dedicated to administrative and commercial buildings.
You can know the prices of shops in the new administrative capital from here:
What are the units provided by the Ministry of Housing?
- The Ministry of Housing is offering 3,000 acres for developers and real estate investors after developing the basic services and facilities in them.
- The Ministry of housing is building 25,000 units in the residential district with sizes ranging from 100 sqm to 180 sqm.
- The governmental district contains 18 ministerial buildings, presidential building and parliament building.
What are the prices for apartments in New Capital City?
- The price per meter for apartments in the new administrative capital doesn’t exceed 9,000 LE.
- The price per meter for the units provided by the ministry of housing ranges from 3500 LE to 5000 LE.
What are the services provided in the New Capital City?
The new capital’s main objective is creating a global city with smart technologies through:
- Recycling organic waste to grow and flourish local food.
- Build an integrated transportation network.
- Build a unified digital infrastructure.
- Create Smart network facilities.
- Create Smart traffic system.
The City also includes:
- A central park with an area of 8 km (bigger than New York’s central Park).
- A Green River, 35 Km long.
- Mega Mall.
- Conference Hall.
- Expo City.
- Medical city.
- Sports city.
If you are living abroad, what are the conditions for booking an apartment in New Capital City?
- The applicant must be at least 21 years of age.
- The applicant should provide a valid Egyptian passport.
- The applicant should provide a valid residence document from abroad.
- The applicant can’t book more than one unit.
- The applicant should not have been allocated any unit within the social housing program.
- The applicant may not apply at later stages of the project if a unit is allocated to him.
What is the latest news about the New Administrative Capital of Egypt?
- The date for booking the new administrative capital lands of areas not less than 20 acres was announced in March 2018 to be limited to companies.
- The first phase of residential apartments of the new capital was officially launched for booking in June 25, 2018.
- The new Urban Communities Authority prepares the booklets of conditions for reservation and provides them within all the branches of the Housing and Development Bank.
Finally, you can take a look on all properties for sale in New Cairo city on propertyfinder from here: